Wednesday 13 April 2011

Midwife appointment...

I had my midwife appointment today.

Grace & Josiah accompanied me which was a treat. All well and good. We have a big African midwife who will see me through the whole pregnancy. I think she is smashing and makes me laugh a lot. Josiah wasn't too enamored with her, bless him, especially when she playfully growled at him for taking her seat (well, she had moved across the room to do other things - it was a leather seat with wheels too, he knows his tastes). Anyway. She confirmed there was indeed a baby in my tummy as she listened to the heartbeat, which I took as meaning our baby had a good strong one! It was lovely that Josiah was there to hear the heartbeat, and Grace too. The looks on their faces when they heard it was priceless! Josiah looked completely bewildered and couldn't take his eyes off my tummy and Grace's jaw quite literally fell to the floor.

Precious.

So the next appointment isn't 'til 28 weeks - second pregnancies they're less bothered by it appears! In the meantime, we have a scan, a glucose tolerance test and plenty of bopping about in mummy's tummy to get on with!

Can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hilton!Lovely girlie from our church. Don't get jealous, there's only one Olls. X

    ReplyDelete