Wednesday 20 April 2011

A Father Writes ...

So I suppose the question that so many of the readers are wanting to know in this my first post to this blog is "does John want a boy or a girl?".

There is a fair to good chance that this is going to be it for us, the last sprog which we decide to create (or are enabled to create by our Heavenly Father, depending on your world view), bearing in mind how much physical pain Stel has been in already (23 weeks to go!).  And so,with that in mind, I find myself having far stronger views on what the gender of our little one is going to be.

In many ways, I would like another boy.  In terms of physiology I know where I am at with a boy.  There's nothing foreign anywhere for me to get to grips with, as it were.  I know what I'm doing.  Plus we have an awesome boy's name lined up, he can play football etc. with Jo (not that a girl can't), and they would be the cutest two little kids you ever would see.

But on the other hand, I already have a boy, and it would be marvelous to also have a little princess, with a little wool cap in the winter, and a bonnet in the summer, playing with her dolls ... yeah I want another boy.  Sorry baby if you're a girl.

2 comments:

  1. "A little wool cap in the winter, and a bonnet in the summer" Ok John...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing out loud here!! xx

    ReplyDelete