Saturday 26 March 2011

14 weeks...

And we've rolled into the second trimester!

So, this pregnancy hasn't been a great one to be honest. I loved being pregnant with Jo, and I love the feeling of being pregnant with this little treasure but symptom-wise, it's been a tad unpleasant! The nausea is very, verrry slowly easing off. Tiredness still reigns supreme, (i.e. I was in bed by 8:45 last night. Oh, I know how to live!) but then I do have a 14 month old to run around after, especially as he literally is running around now. Love it! Beautiful times. And sciatica is extraordinarily painful. I had it much later into the pregnancy last time, about 20 odd weeks when I really started to show, but this started at 9 weeks and has got progressively more painful. Slightly concerned at how sore it is currently as my legs keep giving way and I've ended up on the floor this week more times than I have had hot baths...this week. And that's a lot. My dad has kindly offered to book me an appointment with his physio but I'll see a doctor first and go from there. Oh the dramas!!

Now, onto more important things - I'm going to use 'her' in this post because I can't be bothered to keep writing 'the baby'. Next post I'll use 'he' and alternate. Ok; crown to rump, our baby is about 8cm long and weighs about 40g. Her body is now growing faster than her head so looks a little less alien like! This week, her parchment-thin skin is starting to cover itself with ultra-fine, downy hair (lanugo in doctor speak) that usually disappears before birth. Though her eyebrows are beginning to grow and the hair on top of her head is sprouting, this hair may change in both texture and colour after birth. We're having another sweepstake on the colourings and sex of this one!! We're currently imagining a tiny Josiah but it will be utterly fascinating to see what they really look like. We can't wait! We've had three people convinced this one is a girl, which will be great fun as we recently had a niece and a goddaughter and everyone seems to be producing girls these days. It's like a fad! Anyhoo. I think I might be one of those women that only produce boys, I can't imagine having a girl at all. Though my mother slightly freaks me out when she predicts things. She told me I was pregnant before I even did a test, both times. And now is one of the three that thinks it's a girl. But whoever God gives us, we will love immeasurably and be eternally grateful for!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my days will you need another girdle?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut your piehole Wallach. I have one stored away in my drawer just incase :) xx

    ReplyDelete