Wednesday 12 January 2011

Here we are again...!

We recently found out that a little brother or sister is on the way for Josiah! Thrilled doesn't begin to describe how we're feeling, we're so excited at the prospect of a second little one. EDD is 26th September 2011, Grandpa Phil & Grandma Judy's anniversary. A very busy month for birthdays in our family so what's one more...

Josiah's been such a good, easy baby and we've been very blessed with that, but we are more than aware that no two babies are the same so we're very intrigued to find out just what sort of character our next one will have! Thankfully, Jo's very good with tiny ones as proved by his gentle treatment with his baby girl cousin, Abigail, and our goddaughter Eva, who he gently caresses and holds hands with - such a smoothie! I'm sure the occasional habit of biting their fingers and laughing as he does so will ease off. His treatment of very small people will likely change as he gets older but, day by day.

This pregnancy has advanced much quicker in symptoms than my pregnancy with Josiah. I've been feeling very nauseous, especially in the mornings/early afternoon and have been taking myself to bed about 8:30pm most evenings, barely able to keep my eyes open! I had an inkling I was pregnant as I had been smelling things no-one else could, and the strangest ones at that (medication at work for example). I experienced something similar when I was expecting Josiah. Certain smells on people has been a regular one, which is really bizarre. The strangest one is the smell of food and I can detect it on almost everybody - slightly like a bacon and onion frying smell. That's my superpower! And I promise I won't stand next to you sniffing. Still, no weird cravings or anything like that, yet.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment